The NGWF continues to fight for the establishment of rights and improvement of life of the garment workers in Bangladesh from its very inception in 1984. During the last 35 years, the Organization and its allies operate activities, processions and campaigns in many major areas. The NGWF, during this period, observed many types of action programs, including a number of strikes. And in course it has some considerable achievements such as:
festival bonus was not following in the garment sector. NGWF did a lot to realize festival
bonus, sometimes in its own way, sometimes jointly with others. As a result now it is almost
8. Safe Workplace: Expiring of garment workers in Fire Incident or conflagration was one
of the major issues of safe workplace campaign. NGWF organized and till organizing
campaigns for safe workplace and congenial working atmosphere. As a result of this
campaign, management of many factories stop locking factory gate, constructed emergency
exit way and had arranged fire-drill to avert tragic accident.
9. Gender discrimination and harassment: From the beginning NGWF got involved to
address gender discrimination, harassment and to achieve gender equality. And now
common people & workers raise their voice against gender discrimination, which is deep-
rooted in the society. The law of the country now forbids gender discrimination in terms of
wages and gender equality. The NGWF will continue its fight for gender equality.
10. Maternity Leave: NGWF organized various activities to introduce maternity leave for
female workers. Taking long time to achieve some of the factories are providing maternity
11. Responsibility of the MNC’s (Brands): NGWF became successful to bring at least
some of the MNCs to share responsibilities with the local factories in the cases of fire,
workers death and other emergency needs.
12. Fair Wage Fair Trade: NGWF is very much keen that fair wage related fair
trade/price. MNCs/Brands are always depriving the manufacturers’ countries from the fair
price of the products. NGWF raised this to ensure Fair Trade.
13. Union Formation and Registration in 2021: NGWF formed 7 new unions in 2021
and accordingly geo registration from Labour Department. Now total unions under NGWF
are 81 on January -2021.
14. Training and Capacity Building: In 2021 a total of 31 training /capacity building
sessions have been conducted by NGWF and covered 1,219 participants (among them 730
female and 489 male) on General Membership, Women Leadership and Leadership.