- Victory of Garment workers, Victory of Trade union and Victory of Federation (NGWF)
Name of Union- Top Jeans Workers Union
Reg. No. – Dhaka-5285 Date-20/05/2018
Total workers- 550
Union members- 389
- Details of Problem :
- The management of the factory violet the labour act and harassment of executive union leaders and active members of the union in several times.
- Last 20 August, 2018 the management of the factory has fired illegally of president of union and obliges to reinstate the job through movement.
- The management did not list of wages of 30 workers including union leaders. When they came to know the reason, management misused with the workers and 40/50 local terrorists called them enter the factory and force them left job as well as got out from the area.
- The hire terrorists of management stabed Mofijul and now he is under treatment of Bangladesh Medical of emergency unit.
- 30 workers including 9 leaders cannot enter the factory due to threaten loss of lives by the management and hire terrorists.
- The management of this factory has been crating obstacles to procedure the activities of 30 workers of the union.
- According to the Bangladesh Labor Act, 2006, it is marked as evil labor behavior.
- Demanded :
- Want justice against the management and the terrorists.
- The management has to give all kinds of medical treatment of injured workers and bears all kinds treatment cost.
- Fired 30 workers including the union leaders have to reinstate the job with due wage.
- There will not be existence any kinds of obstacles to procedure the union activities.
- The workers will not harassment by the management and local terrorists.
- Labour protests and explosions :
Yesterday 30.08.2018 workers took out demonstrations and procession after seeing the factory locked. At this time, 8/10 factory workers showed solidarity with them. As a result, it became active labour movement.
- Compromise :
Due to this movement, the traffic system at Uttara area of Dhaka city was closed. Later, there was an agreement by initiative and mediation by BGMEA and the Federation’s with the government representatives, the BGMEA, the factory authorities, the union and the federation. The management obliged to reinstate the job of fired workers. Rafiqul Islam Rafiq Organizing Secretary of National Garment Workers Federation, central leader Mohammad Kashem and others central leaders were present in this compromise and movement.
- Reinstated of the job :
According to the agreement on August 30, under the supervision of organizing secretary of the Federation Mohammad Rafiqul Islam Rafiq and central leader Mohammad Kashem on 01/09/2018 20 people including the 8 union leader were reinstated. Factory production is running smoothly and the factory union has been fully cooperative.
- Congratulations from NGWF :
NGWF has congratulated everyone who collaborated in this movement. This victory is the efforts of whole labor movement.